Saturday, October 30, 2010

Paris (Part 1)

I have just returned from a trip to Paris and London. I was in Europe meeting with agencies for about a week. I left Monday and getting to Paris was a series of way too many steps.

I took a cab from my apartment in NY to the train station, from there I took a train to the airport. The airport itself is a whole nother stress. First comes checking your suitcase and praying that it doesn't weigh over 50lbs. Which as a girl with all kinds of shoes and beauty products, 50 lbs is a hard limit to maintain.

Next is security. I hate this part. You stand in line waiting and waiting and waiting. Moving an inch per hour. Then when you finally make it to the front it's an all out marathon. Pull out your laptop, take off your shoes, take off your belt, remove extra layers, and empty your pockets. All this has to be done in 0.02 seconds while everyone behind you glares at you because you aren't going fast enough.

Then you sit in the terminal and wait to board for and hour and a half. Finally I made it on the plane and had a great seat. I had an aisle seat with no one next to me. After snack time I always like to check out what movies are available for watching. I was thrilled when Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland was one of the movies included. I've been wanting to see it since it came out in theaters. Of course the sound kept cutting out so I wasn't able to watch it.

I arrived in Paris at 7:30am. From there I collected my bags, took a train into the city, and a subway to my hotel. I arrived at the hotel at 10am, which was way before check in time. But I decided to ask anyway as I was in serious need of a nap. I was told that if I check in now instead of waiting I'd have to take a single bed instead of a double. I told the man I was so tired I was just wanted sheets and a pillow. Which is pretty much what I got.
The bed was a couch bed / pull out couch / take the couch cover off and it's a bed.

First it's a couch
Then it's a bed!

Then I tried to get the Internet working to email my mom to calm her nerves. I couldn't get it to work so I took a quick nap and was off to meet some agencies. I made it to the first 2 appointments but had a difficult time finding the last agency.
I found the address, but the agency wasn't listed on the directory. I asked several people, but they clearly did not speak English. Then I snuck into the building behind someone going in from a cig break. From there I rode the elevator to every floor but could not find it.

So I returned home to try and conquer the miss behaving Internet. I couldn't seem to get it working so I went to the front desk for assistance. Well, apparently 2 days before there was a flood that cause a fire that burned the Internet. Therefore there was no Internet. So they pointed me in the direction of a cafe that had free wifi. Of course I had to buy something so I went for some hot chocolate. This was the most ridiculously expensive hot chocolate ever. $9 for a cup of Miss Swiss. Got to be joking!
But I was able to get my details for the next days appointments.

And a few pictures of my hotel view!
The moon


More on Paris and London coming soon!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...