Thursday, February 10, 2011

Casting Day 11: Feb 10 2011

Thursday Feb 10 2011
11am - 8pm
2 Castings, 3 Fittings, 1 Hair Test, & Roots Touch-up

I started my day by getting my roots touched up.
After that I ran to a few castings and a fitting.
Next I had a hair test.
A hair test is when a designer is planning what hair style they want to do for the show. They will have a model come in and do that hair style on them to see if they like it, if it goes with the collection, see how long it will take, ect. For this hair test we did a simple french twist and a crimped side piece.
After the hair test I had 2 more fittings and then headed home.

When I got home I took a shower to wash all the hairspray out from the hair test.
As I was washing my hair, clumps and clumps of it were falling out.

Once it dried I started digging through to find where it was falling out from.
As I was picking through so much was still falling out. I picked up stands to try and figure out why, and they would literally crumble in my hand.
My hair was burned off from the crimping iron.
There's now a big patch on the top of my head that's about 2 inches long.
Now I look like Alfalfa from the Little Rascals.


The joys of fashion week.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...